Weekend Coffee Share


 Weekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some timely catching up with friends (old and new)!




If we were having coffee, I'd tell you I went to the Pabst Mansion in Milwaukee last Saturday. It's an elegant mansion for the brewer, Captain Pabst and his family. They lived there after Capt. Pabst retired. Built in 1892, the mansion is a showplace full of exquisite furnishings and art. Tickets are only $15 for adults. You should buy tickets ahead online as people were turned away when we were there. 



For lunch Saturday I asked my friend, whose sister lives in Milwaukee, to pick a restaurant. We went to Miss Katie's Diner, a hole in the wall where President Clinton and First Lady Obama have dined. They have a typical diner menu and good prices.

I started work this week and have gotten a clearer picture of this job. On Tuesday I was sworn on virtually. Wednesday was orientation with HR and Thursday and Friday have been training. It's a huge information dump and my head is spinning. Until half way through today's session I had no idea what the job was though I learned to use Microsoft Teams and got an overview of the loans the Small Business Association makes to help businesses and homeowners after a disaster. 


I've really gotten caught up in The Makioka Sisters by Jun'ichiro Tanizaki. It started slowly and just seemed to have little as stake, but I've gotten to appreciate the intricacies of family life and courtship in pre WWII Japan. 


I started watching Fassbinder's American Soldier. While it's a short film and a genre I like, i.e. film noir, it's amateurish. The acting is awkward and the story slow moving. I've given up.


To see more Weekend Coffee Shares, click here





Comments

  1. Looks like you had a good week. The mansion interior and furnishings look very nice. Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new job! I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a neat house tour; I just love touring old houses like that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday

Sepia Saturday