Weekend Coffee Share

 



Weekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some timely catching up with friends (old and new)!


If we were having coffee, I'd like to be sitting by a fire. The weather has gotten cold, below freezing some nights. Friday we had a bit of snow and tonight the meteorologists predict more. I hope it's a fluke.


I'd tell you that this morning I went to my first meeting for my township's Humanitarian Services Commission. I've joined the group and I'm charged with researching and evaluating charities that have submitted grants to the township. It's a new endeavor and I think it'll be interesting.


I won $100 for doing a survey for a well known magazine. Whoopie! That's always nice.


We only had to work 8 hour on Veteran's Day! Two hours off. Although since it was dark and cold out, I didn't do anything special. Most jobs require people to work on Veteran's Day, but few government jobs do. I'm glad for the double pay.


I got called on Wednesday for a job interview. It was a Census job and they wanted to interview me that afternoon. Since we have to request time off a week in advance, I had to decline. 


I'm surprised how many people are putting up their Christmas decorations already. It's smart to put them out when it's still warm, but I wouldn't turn them on till after Thanksgiving. 


Comments

  1. I see a lot of Christmas decorations already too. My husband thinks people put them up because they don't care about Thanksgiving (haha). But I don't really see Thanksgiving decorations up for sale in stores like how I see Christmas decorations. But I like the point you brought up that it's easier to put Christmas decorations up when the weather is warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the stores really push Christmas. Halloween too. You'd think they'd try to create and sell more Thanksgiving decorations -- at least try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday