Weekend Coffee Share

 


If we were having coffee, or in my case tea, I'd say it was a quiet but good week. Sunday was Palm Sunday and I went to church with my parents. Usually, the scripture readings are dramatized with different priests and the congregation reading different parts. At this church they had a parishioner who's a professional actor. He did all the roles and it was riveting. While a service can be great without a professional actor, this was excellent in a new way for me. (I usually attend a different church.) 

I had a job interview for a short term teacher training/English workshop in Albania. The students will be Afghan women and it'll last about 6 weeks. I don't know anything about Albania so if I get an offer and I accept, I'll have to look into the country. I'm pretty zen-like about the job. It sounds like this NGO is organized and professional. I'm not sure what the pay is as the interviewers said they'd tell the chosen teachers that when they offer the position. The job could be interesting and I like that it's short term, but I won't be devastated if I don't get it.

I have volunteered to do some writing and editing for Daybreak, an agency in Georgia that serves the homeless. A friend from high school manages it and the experience will be a good way to build a portfolio of writing samples.

I saw the award winning CODA, a film about a teenage girl whose mother, father and older brother are deaf. Her dilemma is that she's a talented singer and wants to go to a music college, yet her family depends on her ability to translate to keep their fishing business afloat. (Apologies for the pun.) I do recommend it, though there are parts that are stereotypical. 

I saw CODA in a theater. That's a first since February 2020. It was a matinee and only about a dozen people were there, but it was great to experience sitting in a theater and watching a movie on the big screen. 

Thanks to Natalie for hosting Weekend Coffee Share. 


Comments

  1. How exciting the job in Albania sounds like! Aren't you the least bit excited? I have never been to Albania, but the neighbour, Greece, is one of my favourite holiday locations. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am somewhat excited. I don't know how good my odds are though.

      Delete
  2. wow Albania, that's somewhere that's packed with history. I'd go for it and I'd have coffee with you too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I have to learn more about Albania. I don't want to be cocky, but I think I have as good a chance as most teachers.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a good week. I hope you hear from the teaching job hiring manager soon. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Natalie. I know it's more work than most of us figure.

      Delete
  4. Good luck on getting a job offer; it sounds like an intriguing position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to say. They sounded professional, but I've thought that before and found myself in a disorganized program that winds up being a lot more work that I was told.

      Delete
  5. Lots of luck with the job offer. It sounds like a great experience. Thanks for the virtual coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have lots of things to consider and think about. Good luck with the job offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the job! I love your spirit of adventure. New country? Sure, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The job opportunity sounds exciting. What an adventure. That movie sounds interesting too. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you hear anything further after your interview for the Albania job?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday

Sepia Saturday