Weekend Coffee Share

 

Hello. 

Sit down.

Let's have some coffee or tea if you'd like and begin Weekend Coffee Share, a time to sit down and "chat" about the week.

If we where having coffee, I'd remark on how chilly it's been this May. I think we had one week that I'd call warm.

I'd tell you I had a good week subbing. Just one half day in 5th grade with an unruly class but the co-teacher was charged with handling them. The rest of the week I was with 1st and 2nd graders who were so adorable and really wanted to learn. I'm sold on these lower grade students. 

On Tuesday since I just worked half the day I went with my mother to see the new Downton Abbey film. If you're already a fan, I'd say go. It'll be fun to see characters you loved. If you never saw the series, check that out first, it's meatier than the film. 

Thursday one of my nephews graduated from high school and I watched that with my parents on YouTube. 

I'm getting more information about the program I'll be teaching in Albania. I've learned that Albania doesn't use credit cards much at all. I'll be in Lezhe on the Adriatic Sea. It's a town with lots of ancient history and ruins. I've gotten my itinerary but am waiting for the travel agent to send me the tickets. 

This afternoon I had my training for Early Voting Judging. I'm up to speed with the new equipment but see some pitfalls for election integrity. Ugh. Cook County you can do better. Can't you?

Comments

  1. I’m so impressed with anyone who can handle working as a teacher for kids. I could imagine teaching adults languages or something like that but working in a school seems like a nightmare to me! Your experience with the 1st and 2nd graders is very heartwarming though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Albania is a fascinating country, a mixture of old and new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the Albania stint is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very excited about the upcoming Albania trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great week. Can't wait to keep hearing about your Albania journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday

Sepia Saturday