Resolutions for 2022

via GIPHY

A snowy New Year's is as good a time as any to reflect on resolutions. I'll probably tweak them in the next few days.

This last year has been tough for some resolutions. My new job schedule of six 10 hour days has made me mail at my old movie resolution. I've seen about one old movie since September. 

I did succeed in reading the Bible, my 39 book reading challenge, and walking almost daily.

This year I aim to:

  • Continue to walk daily around my neighborhood, unless it's really slippery out.
  • Start using weights for my arms. I'll increase the number of sets throughout the year.
  • Read 22 books, which allows me to read longer books and not to be rushed in December.
  • Visit Wisconsin more. After discovering Old World Wisconsin, I've realized there's more to see in my neighbor to the north. Frankly, the city of Chicago has gotten rather scary and it's quite empty compared to pre-COVID, rioting and looting times.
  • Practice Japanese 2 times a week.
  • Listen to the Bible in a Year podcast. I got to day 202 after I learned about Fr. Mike Schmitz's podcast. It's hard to both read and listen to a Bible podcast and finish both in a year. I just plan to listen to day 203 to 365. If I start over that's gravy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday