Weekend Coffee Share

 



If I were having coffee with you, I'd have you over here so I wouldn't have to go out in the cold. 

I'd tell you I'm sorry that the Christmas season is over. I had been visiting various Chicago churches that are known for their great architecture. I love seeing them with their Christmas decorations. Last weekend I went to Our Lady of the Sorrows (below). 


Although they didn't have many congregants (maybe people watch them online), but people were friendly.

Other past visits include Holy Trinity, 



St. Gregory the Great 


At work things have been crazy. I've been getting about 12 hours of work a day and work 10 hours a day. It's hard to keep my head above water. I now have 100 cases to work on, when 70 is more than enough. I dread checking voice mail or my inbox. 

Yet, today we were released from work 4 hours early for MLK Day, which I feel is a meaningful holiday if you fill it with something that honors Martin Luther King. It's not till Monday. We work on Saturday so I don't see the need to close up shop and delay assisting hurricane victims. 

Another bothersome work issue was how they handled when I lost electricity for 30 minutes. 

I was surprised to get a jury summons for Federal Court for next month. I actually like jury duty so I hope I'm called. It'll be a change of pace.

On Saturday I went to the March for Life convention and march. It's the first time I attended. It was nothing like I expected. I met lovely people from atheist, secular and religious walks of life and they all had interesting stories. Both the atheist and secular groups had fascinating people who worked for them. One speaker, Kelly Dore gave an interesting talk on sex trafficking. She's a survivor and now consults for the UN and Vatican on sex trafficking.  




It was cold for a march, but the event was well planned and the police provided good security. I saw no problems other than individuals who called the marchers Nazi's. That's how it goes, unfortunately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday