Senseless

We've been deluged with work at the government's Disaster Loan Department. I work 10 hours a day but now have 100 cases which is often 12 hours worth of work. We work 10 hours a day. I thought Monday would be bad and then I'd catch up. Nope. I'm still treading water and feel like I'm going under. 

Today as every day I was working from home. My electricity went off for half an hour. When power was resumed I emailed my team leader and supervisor to say I'd work another half hour to make up for lost time. I genuinely want to catch up.

A little while later, I got a call from the supervisor. In such situations the rules are that we use our vacation time for such problems and when we use vacation time, we are forbidden from working overtime. Thus I had to stop working at 5pm and leave the calls and other tasks undone. 

How does that make any sense. The power outage was outside my control. It was only 30 minutes. 

Don't tell me they care about productivity or customer service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday