Weekend Coffee Share

 


Weekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some timely catching up with friends (old and new)!


If we were having coffee, there'd be a lot of people coming and going. Lots of tears and lots of hugs.


I'd hoped I'd be able to share all my photos of Open House Chicago, but I can do that next week. 


After a lovely Saturday and normal Sunday, our lives changed Monday night when my brother Bill had a massive heart attack. My sister-in-law called me at 6:50 pm distraught asking if I'd come to watch Will, their youngest while she went to the hospital. 





By the time my mother and I arrived, Bill was gone. So fast.


Bill was a mischievous boy, a lifelong Cubs fan, a history buff, a great family man, a Bronze Star officer who served 2 tours in Iraq and one in Bahrain, a community leader, a delegate to the 1980 Democrat Convention, an attorney for the state working to make Chicago safe. He leaves 5 terrific kids. The oldest is 20, the youngest 16. 





My sister-in-law's pastor wrote a lovely post here


People's kindness has blown me away. We could probably open a bakery as could my sister-in-law. People have dropped everything to fly in. The line at the wake took over an hour to get through. The church was packed. 


Now people are leaving. We'll miss them as we return to our daily routine. It'll be particularly hard for my parents and sister-in-law, niece and nephews. Time will heal, but we won't forget we were blessed to have him even though his time was too short.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. Sending you virtual hugs. Thank you for your #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday