Weekend Coffee Share

 


Hosted by Natalie, Weekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some timely catching up with friends (old and new)!

My laptop, which served me well for about 10 years, seems to have died. I do want to get a diagnosis and see if it can be fixed. It's an old MacBook and what I like is that it's the old thicker style that has a DVD slot and can be fixed you an amateur. I do have a desktop, which I'm using now so I'm not desperate for a new computer. I don't know what kind of computer I'd get to replace my old laptop.

If we were having coffee, it would be on a Saturday because that's my only day off. My new job is 6 days a week for 10 hours a day and my employer, a government agency is very strict about time keeping. So there's no flexibility as far as taking a long lunch or combining a break with lunch. The structure is taking some getting used to, as is the over use of acronyms. I will say my Team Leader is very helpful, but there's only one of him and 14 new employees who're all trying to learn what it takes to get disaster loans out to people. I'm surprised I've lasted almost 4 weeks.


We'd also be having coffee outside because we've had wonderful weather. It's been sunny and warm and the trees' leaves are starting to change color.





I'm still tutoring Nahid my Afghan tutee. She's now safe in France. Sadly, one of my former students is still in Kandahar. I emailed her this week and the account has been suspended. What is going on over there? I'm not hopeful. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday