Weekend Coffee Share

Weekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some timely catching up with friends (old and new)!


If we were having coffee, I'd mention that I haven't had coffee in two weeks, which is something of a record for me. 


I'd tell you that we had a lot of people in town starting last week and continuing till Monday. Friends and relatives came to my brother Bill's funeral. Lots of funny stories were shared. Perhaps my favorite was new to me. As a boy, Bill caddied at a local country club. He liked golf and the camaraderie, but he wasn't the most mature caddy they had. Actually, he'd been fired for being tardy or not cleaning all the clubs carefully, The grouchy caddy master would fire Bill. But the next day Bill would go back to work. His friend Paul shared the story. Paul would ask Bill, "Weren't you fired yesterday?" Bill would admit he was, but said he figured they'd let him stay if he came back. Go figure, it worked.


I was astounded by the dignity and composure my niece and nephew had as they participated in their dad's funeral. The two oldest did beautiful, well crafted eulogies. I couldn't do half as well. 


I worked all week and the work is increasing. Now my teammates and I have hefty case loads and hare having to juggle tasks and phone calls. I wish there was time to job hunt. 




My cousin from North Carolina shocked me with a story. One afternoon he was driving on a 4 lane street when 7 or 8 motorcycles descended upon him. Two went in front of him and the others were along the sides. The ones in front slowed down and the ones on the side started kicking his rearview window and the side of hs car. They kept this up for over a minute before dispersing. They all had Go-Pro's on. 


The police officer who responded (45 minutes later) told my cousin this was a "takeover" and this sort of thing was happening across the country. It's not in the news because the police don't want more copy cats. On YouTube I found a takeover, but it's not with motorcycles. 


I'm looking forward to a day off on Saturday when a friend and I will go into the city to see Dia de los Muertos and Halloween decorations. 

Comments

  1. Wow. What a crazy story by your cousin. Hugs to you on the loss of your brother. So hard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday