Weekend Coffee Share

 

Weekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some timely catching up with friends (old and new)!


If we were having coffee, I'd say I hope we don't have to lockdown again. The vaccine rate in this neck of the woods is 91%. We've got to be in better shape because many people have already had COVID-19 and a big majority have been vaccinated. Yet our governor lacks sense. At this stage, the pandemic should be treated with a scalpel not a hammer.


I watched the 1952 film The Bigamist, which was enjoyable, probably a 2 (out of 4) star film. I'm also watching The Flowers of Shanghai, a Chinese film about life in a house for elegant "ladies of the evening." Lots of beautiful costumes, but it's lots of gossip and a slow-moving plot. 




On Tuesday a former colleague organized a reunion at a park in Chicago where they were holding a free Broadway concert. I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen since October. The evening was warm and the music good.


Saturday I met a friend at the Botanic Gardens. I may have seen her once since the Lockdown. We've been friends since high school. She has an exhaustive knowledge of plants and birds. I'm humbled. 





I have enjoyed the Olympics. What I like about the Olympics is the attention to sports that aren't super popular.
Diving, swimming, wrestling, canoe shalom, skateboarding, beach volleyball, fencing, gymnastics, bicycling, track and field, and BMX Freestyle have been fun. I've been stunned by the kids who're 12 or 14 who're winning awards. 


Source: LA Times

I had wanted to attend these Olympics, but alas, the pandemic made that impossible. Perhaps in 2024 in Paris.


To see more Weekend Coffee Shares, click here. 

Comments

  1. Do you recommend the Flowers of Shanghai? It’s not clear.
    I too enjoyed watching mainly the Olympics swimming & gymnastics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday