Weekend Coffee Share

 

What a week.

Here we go ~

Weekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some timely catching up with friends (old and new)!


If we were having coffee, I'd tell you I'm shindoi, which is Kansai dialect (i.e. Japanese dialect) for tired, body and soul. 


Trouble worsens in Afghanistan. It looks like few if any of the girls and women in the AIWR program will get out any time soon. It did occur to me on my morning walk that perhaps the university where I taught in Indonesia might grant some of them international student visas. I've emailed my contacts. I pray this works out. I'm hopeful because Indonesia is affordable for other developing countries. I bet Nahid and Homira's sisters and mother would be happy to go to study Indonesian and then whatever subject afterwards. 


Life goes on and we must juggle our tasks. That's how we help rather than wallow. So I've kept up my walking, mainly around the neighborhood and at a mall when it gets too hot. On Tuesday I went with my walking buddy to the Chicago Botanic Gardens. It was hot, which slowed us down, but it was good to see the flora.


Chicago Botanic Garden




I watched and highly recommend Pick of the Litter, a documentary about training seeing eye dogs. It's up lifting. My review is here. It's a film the whole family can enjoy.


I learned about using city and county sites for genealogical research on a Zoom class from the library. It so happened that I was on their website and saw that in 30 minutes the session was starting. Luckily, I was able to participate. It's amazing how much is out there. 


I'm getting into the novel The Sisters Makioka, a Japanese classic about pre-WWI sisters. Yukiko has gotten beyond the usual marriageable age and finding a suitable husband is getting harder. Until Yukiko gets married her younger sister can't. It's a fascinating look at another culture's customs. 


I've moved into the next stage of hiring for the government job. I'm filling out lots of forms, some online and others I need to print out and sign. There's a lot of tech problems with things that won't upload or that were completed and then the next day show as incomplete. To top that off the woman I deal with has been on vacation. Still no information on when the job starts or what I'll be doing. The government lives down to its stereotype. 


Thanks to Natalie for hosting this challenge.


Comments

  1. I have finally found and been able to bookmark this website. So I can now follow your weekend coffee share as before. I feel it is a way to catch up on your life my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday