Sepia Saturday

 


This week's visual prompt for Sepia Saturday is above. Here's what I found by searching The Digital Library of America. (Not sure why the citations formatted like they did.)

Danay Hall Ukulele Club,Dana Hall Ukelele Club, 1913/1914. 1913-1914. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/m039k604f. (Accessed July 16, 2021.)


"Buzz Aldren in Mobile Quarantine" (1969). Retrieved from https://edan.si.edu/slideshow/viewer/?eadrefid=NASM.2019.0034_ref14.

Arthur Godfrey

To see more Sepia Saturday posts, click here

Comments

  1. Aww Arthur Godfrey! I remember watching him on tv although I don't really remember much about the show itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same. I remember his name and face and that he was affable, but that's it.

      Delete
  2. I love the Ukulele Club photo. I’m sure descendants of those pictured appreciated the captions handwritten below each club member. And the Arthur Godfrey video is priceless. I remember watching his show as a youngster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Captions make a difference. I'm trying to caption what we have from the pre-internet days for my family's descendants.

      Delete
  3. Excellent on theme shots...and I also vaguely remember Author Godfrey, he must not have been my family's favorite, because I saw very few of his shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew Buzz Aldrin played ukulele? Enjoyed Arthur Godfrey too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sepia Saturday

Mural Monday

Sepia Saturday